The following details below were for 2016.
2017 Conference dates details will be available later in the year.
Editor/Agent/Industry Professional Appointments:
These are additional to the cost of Conference if you require one.
Cost of Editor/Agent Appointments:
Cost: $99.00 inc GST - PayPal/credit card only. No cash or cheques.
Pitches of 15 minutes maximum. Actual pitch times to be notified. These happen through out the day
We will endeavour to accommodate your first choice, however, these will be a first in, first served process, with preferences given to those attending the CYA Conference, and those only pitching, given second option.
Pre-reading Requirement - for all Children’s or Young Adults Manuscripts & illustration Work:-
Short BIO on who you are, where you are going in the CYA industry and a photograph of you.
Picture books: 2 texts, OR
Novels: 10 pages (double spaced, size 12 font, 2500 words) AND synopsis (single spaced, size 12 font, 500 words) OR
Illustrations: 4 – 5 samples. (Bring your portfolio with you on the day.)
Work must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th June 2016.
Times for your editor/agent sessions will be emailed to you one week before conference.
Editors, Agents and Industry Professionals On site are:
- Clare Hallifax - Scholastic
- Lisa Berryman - HarperCollins
- Maryann Ballantyne - Black Dog Books, imprint of Walker Books Australia
- Rochelle Manners - Wombat Books & Rhiza Press
- Marisa Pintado - Hardie Grant Egmont
- Zoe Walton - Random House
- Clair Hume - Affirm Press
- Kristina Schulz - University of Queensland Press (UQP)
- Tadaa Children’s Booksmiths - Tadaa Children’s Booksmiths
- Alex Adsett - Alex Adsett Publishing Services
- Jill Corcoran - Jill Cororan Literacy Agency - USA Via Skype
- Michelle Johnson - Inklings Literary Agency - USA Via Skype
Your appointment times will be confirmed during the week before conference.